Duck Creek Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Introduction

Go down

An Introduction Empty An Introduction

Post  curone Mon May 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Hello,

I figured it might not be a bad idea to sort of give a brief into about what we are working on, that way we all know where everyone is coming from.

I'm Chris, formerly from Entertainment Brokers International, now a member of OneBeacon Insurance. I have been working with the EXAMPLE system for 5.5 years or so, and have worked with pretty much every piece of the system at this point. We have built custom express skins, inhouse manuscripts, our own data shredding utility, and integrated with downstream apps, so we have quite a bit of experience playing around in the system.

We started on the 2.1 platform and are now currently running the 3.5 platform (using TransACT 2.1), using the full product suite (server,express,forms,etc.). We are also using the commercial lines templates (a caveat, we are on the way way old non inherited versions right now, which while similar to the current version, is certainly not the same).

We currently have 50 states in production in general liability, property, and commercial auto (excepting MA auto of course!) for the ISO rating, as well as 5 other speciality lines we have built inhouse. The majority of our policies and endorsements are issued out of the duck creek system.

For me, my interest lies in customization of the system, things like user entry data validation and predictive ai functionality are areas I am greatly interested in exploring more deeply. User experience is also a big thing for me, and I am always looking for ways to increase the usability of the system. Also I would be curious to see how others are handling vc of manuscripts, as well as staging/auto deployment.

Ok well thats all I got right now, I've always thought it would be a good idea to foster a user community, so thanks for setting this all up! Hopefully we can get enough folks on board to really make this a thriving community.

Chris

curone

http://www.ebi-ins.com

Back to top Go down